Sunday, December 22, 2013

MyFitnessPal- Tracking Calories Challenge!




 
One day in 2012, I scrolled through Google’s Play Store searching for the perfect app to track my daily eating habits and I came across a nifty little program called ‘MyFitnessPal‘ (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/).

Previously, I had kept a paperback food journal; even though I wrote down everything I ate or drank, I felt as if I was unable to keep an accurate count of calories consumed. Enter MyFitnessPal.

I dropped about 10 pounds last year using MyFitnessPal religiously to track everything I consumed–it was difficult remembering to add in that 1/2 teaspoon of sugar, or 1 tablespoon of ketchup, condiments, etc.  However, I stayed the course–and I gained a greater awareness of the calories I was REALLY taking in.

Tomorrow I will begin using MyFitnessPal daily in order to jump-start my re-commitment to fitness! I gained 6 pounds (!) in November due to being on medical restrictions from exercising (and eating Turkey Day leftovers for days).

I’m pumped up and ready to get started (even though there are a tray full of cupcakes staring at me this very moment–must...resist...temptation)!

Do you find trackers such as MyFitnessPal useful? Or do you prefer paperback food journals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment